Wednesday 23 December 2009

Playing around with some UV fun


























I recived the Jed Model from Polished off and I’m currently developing the UV’s for the character At the moment im currently using a new program called Uvlayout and it’s amazing ! I’m currently getting used to it so I may redo these Uvs as I can now see other possible and more effective ways of producing some excellent Uv’s . The current uv’s have independent arms ( I may redo this and attach the arms !) which will make texturing far…. Far easier.

Obviously some tweaks to be made , this is just a progress report.

2 comments:

  1. looking awesome mate, cant wait to slap some textures on there! Keep at it. If I make slight adjustments to the collar, belt, pockets etc it does it mean you have to UV map it all over again? because this model is only 75% complete..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea that's what i'm thinking mate . Carry on with the model put as much onto it as you see fit and complete it . I'll play along with this basemesh and find the best way to UV map it . I have a feeling with the help of this new program i could UV his whole body within a day easy, once I figure out how to get it perfect we are sorted. This makes VERY good practice.

    ReplyDelete